Monday 5 March 2012

spring in the garden


Outside, 1 crocus has flowered (they never normally seem to flower from bulbs, for me) and some pretty primula. The primroses seem less happy though.



Some spring green: leaves/shoots from a Russell lupin coming back for the 3rd year (right), and an aster (bottom left). Lupins seem to do well at growing without much help, and can fix nitrogen in the air making the soil more fertile for other plants. The only downside so far has been that mine have been pink and I'd prefer other colours, were meant to be mixed. Maybe this years will be other colours too! I have saved some of the seeds, so when we move house I might try planting those as well as see if I can move the ones growing now. The pic below is from last May of my lupin flowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment